I suggest you ...

Make the highlighter go behind the normal pen texts, so that the pen color doesn't get changed by the highlighter.

113 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matheus Paranahiba shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this was suggested in 2015 and still isn't implemented. Ten minutes into my paid subscription and I'm annoyed at this lacking functionality.

• Sandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would automatically add the possibility to make the highlighter more eye-catching because you could use well covering colors without hiding the actual text. Great idea!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The marker tool should be a multiply layer, not an add color layer. If you change it to multiply, then black text will remain black no matter how many times you stroke the marker pen. Only the white and other colors will be marked, as it happens on real paper. Today, if I stroke several times a black text it will become more yellowish on every stroke (since the first stroke) and eventually it will disappear in yellow.

The highlighter should preserve the visibility of black ink underneath it even at 100% opacity. ("Darken-only"/"soft light" blending)

• Tobi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have an option to have the highlighter underneath the PDF layer so the text would pop out and not be overwritten.

Please make the highlighter tool mark behind the pen so that no matter how dark the highlighter, the pen will always be above it

• Mahdi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

highlighter tool should not work on texts or black color shapes. highlighter is for emphasising text but currently it changes text color along background color which makes it difficult to read. I suggest highlighter not affect text and only change background color.

Text doesn't stay dark and clear after adding highlight

When you highlight text or handwriting, the text underneath the highlighting should stay dark and clear — but Papyrus makes the underlying text hard to read when you add highlighting, same problem with Samsung S Note, the following two apps did a better job with their highlighters, Goodnotes on iOS and Note Anytime on Android

1. Goodnotes (both handwriting and text stay dark and clear after adding highlighting)

2. Note Anytime (Just handwriting stays dark and clear after adding highlighting, not the text, but still, better than nothing)

Feedback and Knowledge Base