Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kevin Aaronson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both my pixelbook and chromebook plus are on android P. I reverted my pixelbook to android 7.1 and it works, so it seems like a problem with android 9.0.

• Kevin Aaronson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature still doesn't work on chrome in tablet mode. It works in laptop mode, but when converting to tablet mode AND when a note is open (not just app, it splitscreens fine in app) it says this app does not support split screen mode. Tested on pixelbook and chromebook plus V1. Many android apps including Microsoft word, wolfram alpha and countless others support splitscreen in tablet mode.

• AdminAndrew Hughes (Founder, Steadfast Innovation, LLC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is nothing additional we need to do to support this. This is something Google will enable in a future update. I'm guessing you're seeing that you can put Chrome apps into split-screen, but not Android apps. If you're positive they're Android apps, which ones are they?

I just tested this again on the Pixelbook running Chrome 68 and I'm able to put Squid into split-screen along with other Android apps and Chrome apps. I also tested on a Samsung Chromebook Plus running Chrome 68 and I was NOT able to put Squid into split-screen mode (or any other Android apps, only Chrome apps).

• Giancarlo Conetta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Chrome now supports resizing and moving Android apps, plus ChromeOS 67 has added a split-screen button in tablet mode. Other Android apps seem to support this mode, but Squid gives me "App does not support split-screen" still.

I can post screenshots if you're having trouble reproducing this error or don't understand what I mean.

• NH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On a Samsung Chromebook Plus with Android 7.1.1, I can use split screen in tablet mode for some apps, but for Squid it displays a message "App does not support split-screen". Is this an issue with squid or ChromeOS?

• John Mathew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Dev Channel for ChromeOS added splitview support in tablet mode for Chromebooks. The ubiquity of chromebooks for students and especially 2 in 1 chromebooks with faster processors means that students like myself can plausibly take notes and have supporting material or online coursework on the screen at the same time. This is a must have feature to get the most of an already immensely useful application in a rapidly expanding ecosystem.

Feedback and Knowledge Base