I suggest you ...

Continuous page mode

It would be nice to be able to start writing on the next page while still viewing the bottom of the previous page.

233 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gustav Delius shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are many challenges with supporting continuous scrolling between pages. For example, a note can contain pages with infinite size (the default background type), which can be scrolled infinitely within the same page (so you’d never get to the next page). Infinite backgrounds can also be mixed with fixed size backgrounds (including PDFs). There isn’t really a good way to support scrolling through pages in this way. If you have any suggestions, please let us know in the comments!

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steven Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or even adding an icon to the area where I can select the pen/color/highlighter/etc.

I don't know if Windows/Android support two-finger swiping or similar gestures.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Page that scrolls up and down, so I can just keep going down the page, like a never ending toilet roll

• Dr Kain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature of continuous page for PDF import is so important. Else the navigation system should have larger arrows or be easier to navigate (rather than the small arrows in the right hand corner) or even have contents for all the pages for quick navigation.

• Ahmed Salahuddin Saleh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be a good idea if we can turn the page of an imported pdf file up or down by sliding finger(s) on screen up or down instead of going to the arrows.

• Kacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Notability for iPad does this, and I would love to see it incorporated in Squid. As an engineering student, it gets difficult to work through long derivations and keep track of important equations when you have to keep flipping between pages, but I don't like to use infinite page because I export a lot of notes for printing and sharing with classmates.

• hackasc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Continuous page is needed !

when I import a pdf for reading and making notes, I need to ceaselessly zoom in and zoom out. Because I need got read a new page which don't have be zoomed before. I think continuous page feature can perfectly solve this problem.

• Glenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Please add continuous scrolling for viewing long PDF documents with many pages.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the continuous scolling for pdf. It will be more convenience for plentiful page pdf file.

Please add continuous vertical scroll for PDF documents. This is a very important feature for using the otherwise wonderful and paid-for ability to import PDF files.

• Kashy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASEEEE add the ability to continuously scroll through a document without having to keep clicking the arrow buttons or just navigate through page numbers... Being able to scroll thru a document in continuous mode like adobe reader enables us to find something quickly on a page we are looking for ! I truly love this app and have been using it for 2 years in medical school, but the lack of the continuous scroll feature is quite disappointing! Please keep us updated

continuous vertical scroll is very important!

also, please consider adding hand gestures to flip pages.

actually, continuous scroll would still be better, especially in reading mode, even during editing, it's very useful to go back and forth for referencing purpose, and the page number isn't helpful since who knows which page number we need to go to

Continous vertical scrolling is also very good for taking multi page notes, especially for people (like me) who doesn't like infinite sized pages due to (I) the difficulty of organising them (ii) making the notes unprintable

Page navigation for long pdf documents is currently tedious, very outmoded, and impossible for textbooks. .. not what I expected for the upgrade to pdf import.

• peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same complaint. Please add this feature so that I can ditch one note once and for all!

Yeah, it's really annoying that I have to click on certain page numbers to take notes. I'd like to be able to view the whole pdf and finger scroll freely.

Yes, the settings implies that you can scroll with two fingers, but it doesn't work on my Samsung Tab3. Also, the header where the page forwarding is takes up extra screen space.

Feedback and Knowledge Base