I suggest you ...

Continuous page mode

It would be nice to be able to start writing on the next page while still viewing the bottom of the previous page.

229 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gustav Delius shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There are many challenges with supporting continuous scrolling between pages. For example, a note can contain pages with infinite size (the default background type), which can be scrolled infinitely within the same page (so you’d never get to the next page). Infinite backgrounds can also be mixed with fixed size backgrounds (including PDFs). There isn’t really a good way to support scrolling through pages in this way. If you have any suggestions, please let us know in the comments!

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steven Schuppmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I additionaly propose to add a navigation bar in the bottom with thumbnails of the pages, so you can scroll easily through the pages (like it is done in the app RepliGo Reader).

• Tom Goodell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - and would add that the ability to navigate to a particular page should also be improved. Currently the only way is to click on the page number and scroll to the page you want. I have a PDF document with 625 pages, and this is a huge hassle. I'd like to be able to enter a page number and go directly there, or select first page or last page, and go directly there.This is a great app, but page navigation needs to be improved.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to easily refer back a page without needing to leave the current page entirely.

• Danila V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should not affect infinite page. I use A4 all the time and continuous page would be very useful for those. For pdfs there should be a flip option or scroll option in settings. So anyone can use whichever feature they want.

• Bruce Mellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So what approach is desired if you import/apply a underlying .pdf/.ppt/.doc file? Do you want papyrus to scroll, or allow flipping pages? I prefer a setting, defaulting to being continuous note.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@tato, this wouldn't effect that (if I understand what you mean by "note limited"). See how the lecturenotes app does continuous pages.. This would be awesome in papyrus.

• Tato yato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not good, because the Papyrus page size is note limited (best feature of Papyrus)

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base