Protect notes or notebook with password

260 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It’s still on our todo list to support this directly, but I wanted to mention that it’s currently possible to password protect a note in a roundabout way: by importing a password protected PDF into the note. This will password protect the note with the password of the PDF. You can even delete the PDF from the note and the password will remain on the note.

43 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If anything, make password-encryption a paid upgrade to the app...something I would certainly pay for!

Please add password protect specific notes or notebooks. Use this apo for work related notes that really need to be password protected.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is better to protect your phone with a pincode and e.g encryption. Both standard options that protect everything on your phone.

• Brigid Bjorklund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to lock specific notebooks or notes more than I'd like to be able to lock the whole app. It seems like a simple thing that was forgotten about, I can do this in color note, you know?

PLEASE add this function! A strong password protection function is a necessity for this app to be useful beyond casual note taking.

Having moved to this app from the SNote, I have two features I miss the most.
    • Page deletion n reorganisation.
    • Function to lock confidential documents in case tablet is stolen.

• Zac Gillming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to use it for my personal journal, but would like to be able to pass word that particular notebook.

• Rakesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just shifted from the s-note app in my note 3 to this amazing papyrus for its feature having infinite sized paper which is perfect to work on software algorithms. I am disappointed by the absence of a security feature in the app. Please add a strong encryption system to feel secured about my information. Thanks

• Paul Wardrip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone that wants to create a personal journal, todo list for a surprise party, or any other note with personal or sensitive information *needs* this feature. Please add this, I would be so grateful ... this is the key feature that would make Papyrus my only note taking app. Fantastic work, thank you!

• Peter Barrette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Password protection and secure encryption are absolute must have functions for this to be used in any sort of work environment. Without this, anyone with any kind of sensitive information is immediately discouraged from using this software.

• Full of Ideas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like the ability to encrypt notes with a very strong encryption (eg, AES) so as to protect private/confidential information if my device were ever stolen or compromised.

Feedback and Knowledge Base