I suggest you ...

Sync between devices

I would like to have my notes automatically appear on my other note devices with papyrus installed. E.g. Create a note on note 2 and it appears on my note 10 1. If possible allow editing too from that device.

1,491 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eleanor Hogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I know that everyone has been waiting a long time for sync and I want to reassure you that it is high on our list of priorities. As users of Squid ourselves, it’s something we really want as well! We appreciate your patience.

This is something we’ve been investigating since the app’s inception and we continue to investigate constantly. Syncing is a very difficult problem to solve, especially with regards to handwritten notes which can be combined with images and text and contain backgrounds from multiple PDFs. I don’t have an ETA for when sync will be supported, but rest assured this is a high priority for us. We appreciate everyone’s feedback on this idea.

291 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Samantha Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey team. Any update on the sync feature which was a "high priority" on your development list over six years ago? We're all waiting in anticipation. 😊 Thanks!

• Meshal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just subscribed for a year thinking I found the perfect note taking app, but sadly I regret it almost immediately. I think I just have to stick with S Note or OneNote, so I wish Squid good luck.

• Hamza Ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think the developers even care. It's been almost six years since feature was requested. Almost everyone wants this feature. I am a developer. I know that adding a sync option cannot be that difficult. OneNote has it. Very disappointed. I am switching to OneNote and the only reason I am doing this is because of no synchronisation. I loved squid but the lack of synchronisation has made me kinda hate it now.

• Yagiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop wasting peoples time. It is clearly what we can get for 1 euro per month. Not developing a synch system in 4 years is harder than actually doing one. Despite the great futures, lack of synch is an essential problem these days because most of the people are working with several devices. I am working on a project right now. Once i am done with it, i think i will quit squid.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Goodbye Squid :(
    I can't use you anymore, you becoming covered with a dust on my phone(s).
    If you can't implement idea for 4 years, I can't wait anymore.
    Hello, S-notes and other apps.

Whoa 4 years in and still investigating a top priority feature requirement. If it was a novel feature we would all understand. But many apps have dealt with this with many approaches.. some good some bad for UX but they had something. Squid has nothing for sync besides the crude backup...

• Jordan Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud sync, please! I need to take notes on my 2-in-1 laptop and then view them on another computer and my phone.

This app is genuinely the best for note taking but I cannot use it without sync. The original post dates back to 2012 so I'm concluding this feature will never come.

I've been checking this thread regularly in the hope that sync will come but now I'm tired of waiting.

Goodbye Squid.

• Bryce Walter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more. This would make a great addition to the functionality of Squid. I use it about as much as I use Evernote and that is one of the biggest features I miss in Squid. The ability to make changes/additions/deletions that are almost immediately made in all instances being run. I'll be keeping my eyes open for this to get added. I always have my phone with me but not so much my tablet.

Very important as people use multiple devices like mobiles & tablets. This is especially important for more taking as people may use a stylus to write & hence possibility of using multiple devices increases

• João do Carmo Maia de Medeiros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perdi todas as minhas notas por ter formatado o tablet perdi também os estilos de canetas e papéis que tinha comprado. Por favor me digam como recuperar
    Agradeço
    João do Carmo Maia de Medeiros

• Chris Galvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you got a do this man...... modern workplace etc....... allows us to show off this great app..... Looks stupid when I have to take it different devices to find my notes........

In the meantime, can anyone recommend any other S-Pen compatible Android note apps that support sync? This would be a really useful feature.

• Shiraz Mistry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andrew (http://feedback.squidnotes.com/users/28523344-andrew-hughes), I have been reading the comments and realise that is there a way we can assist you as users of the product. Are you in consultation with Google or other 3rd party vendors to assist with this sync issue? An ETA is an 'Estimated' time of arrival. I am sure that letting us know a rough time would be a good thing. We are not on tenterhooks waiting for you to reply with a date. How does this sound to you?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Feedback and Knowledge Base