I suggest you ...

Sync between devices

I would like to have my notes automatically appear on my other note devices with papyrus installed. E.g. Create a note on note 2 and it appears on my note 10 1. If possible allow editing too from that device.

928 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eleanor HoganEleanor Hogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    investigating  ·  Andrew HughesAdminAndrew Hughes (Founder, Steadfast Innovation, LLC) responded  · 

This is something we’ve been investigating since the app’s inception and we continue to investigate constantly. Syncing is a very difficult problem to solve, especially in regards to handwritten notes which can be combined with images and text. I don’t have any kind of ETA for when syncing will be supported, but rest assured this is a high priority for us. We appreciate all your feedback on this idea.

174 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GustafGustaf commented  · 

Being a paying and avid long time user of this app it's very disappointing to deduct that there really can't be any development going on. The last update was over a year ago without giving any hint as to progress or expected completion. As sad as I am to admit it I am now actively looking for alternatives to squid. I would even go as far as suggesting this thread moves on to finding that alternative since everyone here wants the same functionality. I'm leaning towards OneNote but am not keen on the lack of drawing/ writing options. Has anyone else managed to find a better option including sync?

• kgingerikgingeri commented  · 

Andrew, if you could even export a single notebook to start, and in a importable/editable format (JSON/XML maybe?), then you could at least export from one device and import to another, to add it to the import device's library.

• kgingerikgingeri commented  · 

(try this again, deleting previous comment)...
        Andrew, if you stored everything in XML or JSON, then it would be easier to use something like Google drive or Dropbox. Using Google's drive APIs, you could have Squid read/write directly from GDrive and there would be no syncing required on your part.

• Yolanda NelsonYolanda Nelson commented  · 

Or at least make it so that you can save your note to an sd card or email it to yourself

• Yolanda NelsonYolanda Nelson commented  · 

Make it so that the squid on my phone and the squid on my tablet are in sync with each other

• Manuel MalagonManuel Malagon commented  · 

It would be nice to have actual synchronization.

Right now I have t he app in my note 4 and note 10.1 and I can just create new notes in the tablet because there is no way of creating notes on both and add sync between the devices. You just either back up or restore and that means overriding the contents of one device with the contents of the other and that is definitely overkill for the app. I don't carry around the tablet everywhere and sometimes I need to make notes in my phone but I can't since I have tons of documents I've created on the tablet and I don't want them to get "overwritten" when doing a restore from the phone. I mean having the ability of creating notes on the go with the phone and later review, modify, and edit on a tablet is a must. The app is nearly perfect, just this issue is very annoying. I've had the app for years now and this is the only feature that for me is missing to be able to say is perfect. And don't give me wrong, it's my favorite app for note taking and I even have the premium version, but I just would like to have the cloud sync feature.

Please, I'm begging for this feature!!!

• KimBoo YorkKimBoo York commented  · 

I have a Surface Pro 4 tablet and a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone, I really really need syncing across devices!

• ChrisChris commented  · 

I have a new phone and would like to get all my pdf's from my old phone. How would I do that?

• Randy AstleRandy Astle commented  · 

The easiest way to support this (and the smartest IMO) is to add support for any of the existing cloud storage services: dropbox, OneDrive, etc.No need to re-invent the wheel and let people use their existing cloud storage for the purpose.

• PaoloPaolo commented  · 

Agreed. Let me know if you find a good alternative.

• Shiraz MistryShiraz Mistry commented  · 

You may have noticed I been keeping a keen eye on this topic as I think it is useful to customers. The last time I wrote was in March 2016. Today is 25 July 2016. I think we have been pretty patient as customers.

It is a shame that we have no update from the Founder, Andrew Hughes. In the one instance he says this is a 'high priority' and yet we have no updates. Pretty poor form if you ask me.

The lack of this feature does make me 1. Feel sad that this feature is taking long to build. 2. A lack of communication from anyone in Andrew's team (maybe he is just a team of one!) to update us. I am not asking for a finished product, but an update would be nice. Do you agree? 3. Makes me want to look for another product that can sync - fine that you take our money for development, I get that. However, what I do not get is poor customer service.

Awaiting Andrew Hughes reply.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The lack of this feature has me looking at moving back to snote or One Note. I have a note4 and an android tablet, not being able to share is an issue.

• Andy MorrisAndy Morris commented  · 

Yes... I love the drawing interface. But lack of sync is annoying. I wish Google drive was the sync medium that way I could access online.

• Cheri EarpCheri Earp commented  · 

Would love to be able to sync to my google drive account since I have more space on it verses Dropbox.

• Michael BergerMichael Berger commented  · 

Looking for SNote Alternative
        Squid is OK overall but,
        Can't pick up same note on phone/tablet!
        A sync to centralized cloud is needed.
        Today only multy device app can win the competition

• Anonymous commented  · 

Write notes on different platforms using the squid app via account sign in

• goldagolda commented  · 

I really like the local storage backup option. I use it as a poor man's sync between two devices.

However could you please turn the periodical backup on for the local storage? Just like you did that with the cloud backup.

I'm syncing my local directory with own cloud provider and I guess I'm not the only one. Plus, the function is already implemented.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base