I suggest you ...

Sync between devices

I would like to have my notes automatically appear on my other note devices with papyrus installed. E.g. Create a note on note 2 and it appears on my note 10 1. If possible allow editing too from that device.

971 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eleanor HoganEleanor Hogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    investigating  ·  Andrew HughesAdminAndrew Hughes (Founder, Steadfast Innovation, LLC) responded  · 

This is something we’ve been investigating since the app’s inception and we continue to investigate constantly. Syncing is a very difficult problem to solve, especially in regards to handwritten notes which can be combined with images and text. I don’t have any kind of ETA for when syncing will be supported, but rest assured this is a high priority for us. We appreciate all your feedback on this idea.

190 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

i will pay more money for this feature. please get it up asap and charge us for all we care. as long as the product is good, we'd be willing to throw money at Squid.

cheers. ;)

• Arturo AnniballoArturo Anniballo commented  · 

It would be a very convenient feature ... almost everyone has more than one device ... not all in the same place!!!

• Arturo AnniballoArturo Anniballo commented  · 

To have notes organized is a great thing. Also the possibility to ascend the date and the time of creation just pushing a simple button on the menu when the note itself is selected. Thank you for your efforts to improve the app.

• StefanStefan commented  · 

How about to just have the notes stored in a publicly available location and use a third party tool to just sync the files.
        I'd really love to be able to sync the notes from my Android device with my Windows 10 machine. I have my own ownCloud and use FolderSync on Android to perform synchronisation of pictures and other files

• Anonymous commented  · 

How do I relink my dropbox files, with squid? it worked with papyrus.

• CarolineCaroline commented  · 

There should be an option to automatically sync notes to an allocated folder in Google drive. (Like the app on the Apple app store 'Notability'). Being able to sync and edit notes on all your devices would be really convenient, and it would make this app my preferred one of its type because it is on phones and PC.

• JulieJulie commented  · 

Would love to be able to sync

• wolf hjawolf hja commented  · 

I am a long time user of Papyrus/Squid, but the lack of sync between my devices (Note2, Note4, Note8, Convertible Laptop with stylus, web Access) FORCES me to use Microsoft Note.

So Still I didn´t ditch Squid because of the simplistic superior Note taking, but I cant wait for much longer !

Check out how MS is managing PERFECTLY well the syncing and bring it in such a way to Sqiud

• EMP BEHEER BVEMP BEHEER BV commented  · 

Sync pdf with same account on multiple devices , including folderstructure

• Anonymous commented  · 

I wish that you would add the ability to synchronize all notes against dropbox.

• JbJb commented  · 

I wish you didn't have to constantly restore backups between devices. It should be automatic.

• Anonymous commented  · 

My Samsung Note Pro 12.2 was essentially a Papyrus/Squid device with a Samsung label. It just died and i have had issues with the Samsung so have migrated to iPad Pro. I miss my Squid. Looking forward to when it is available on the app store. Especially the stylus writing and finger erasung.

• jonwilburtanjonwilburtan commented  · 

Should be able to sync between devices or the web just like Google Keep. It would be almost perfect then.

• Jiraphan DetchokulJiraphan Detchokul commented  · 

Dear developer,

is it possible to allow access to data files without having to root your device to get accea to the folder? I would like to use dropsync or folder sync to sync across all my devices.

• 10asus10asus commented  · 

How about using syncing with that such.at IFTT recipe that would enable.each entry would sync with Amy cloud, or create file to package any updates would generate subsequent information be s7bm8

• Anonymous commented  · 

Let me know when all devices can sync.
        I will then purchase every feature this app has.
        Much easier to use than One Note or others.
        Please enable syncing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Even if you made notes viewable in a browser, that would be great! I can currently open a PDF but this isn't real-time.

• Stefan GoergnerStefan Goergner commented  · 

Please do it. Need it. I want to do this standard use case

• RolfRolf commented  · 

yesterday my note 10.1 got a black screen. it is a typical problem with the first note 10.1 after 2 or more years using.i still can backup all my data or put the sdcard into another android device. but the last squid notes I can not transfer or backup without root.. so if there had been sync ... no probs. or just using sdcard... please implement a simple sync or automated backup option. google drive, dropbox or the bestt privacy solution would be my personell own cloud on my own server...

thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base