I suggest you ...

Sync between devices

I would like to have my notes automatically appear on my other note devices with papyrus installed. E.g. Create a note on note 2 and it appears on my note 10 1. If possible allow editing too from that device.

986 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eleanor Hogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    investigating  ·  AdminAndrew Hughes (Founder, Steadfast Innovation, LLC) responded  · 

This is something we’ve been investigating since the app’s inception and we continue to investigate constantly. Syncing is a very difficult problem to solve, especially in regards to handwritten notes which can be combined with images and text. I don’t have any kind of ETA for when syncing will be supported, but rest assured this is a high priority for us. We appreciate all your feedback on this idea.

194 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shahroze Wajid commented  · 

It's the best note taking app and this feature is a must!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is basic for a cloud age.

• rob commented  · 

Me too

• Terri commented  · 

Totally agree. This is the only thing is stopping this wonderful note taking app from be the best handwriting app ever. I really need too be able to access my notes on all of my devices.

• Leo “YOURFACE” Rodriguez commented  · 

I would like not to have to jump through hoops when I want to review a notebook on one device that was created on a different device.

• Sadir Omer commented  · 

That would be a awesome features to have..

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can you please add a synchronization between devices. This app is amazing but adding across device synchronization would be awesome.

• Shiraz Mistry commented  · 

I believe that the benefit of having an app like Papyrus to quickly jot down notes is the purpose of it. As the app has developed over time, I am happy to support (and pay for) the direction the team is taking. What I would like to see (and possibly a copy) is for sync to happen on my two Android devices. Maybe we can have an update from a member of the team since this suggestion began the investigation on Dec 21, 2014.

ACTION: Can a member of the team update us, please?

• N Harvey commented  · 

Was so disappointed that my new Surface Pro 3 couldn't share notes with my Galaxy Note. I use Papyrus to run my entire life, so it would be so nice!! I'd pay $$ for this feature!!

• Guillermo González de Garibay commented  · 

I guess it is complicated because of the format, but a nice idea would be to use PDF as the only format, instead of the dual PDF and backup-file (in whichever format you use internally).
        In that way the transition:
        open PDF from cloud --> edit --> close&save-to-cloud
        could be seamless, such as in simple PDF editors like Adobe Acrobat.
        You could still have the option "keep in notebook".

• Marc commented  · 

I cannot add more votes to this... take them all!!!

• Jeff Stroup commented  · 

I'd love to have my notes sync between Surface and my SG Note Pro 12.2

• Michael commented  · 

I am trialing your cloud backup option & whilst it worked initially with only a few notes in Papyrus, now with a lot more notes (imported PDFs) it just fails to back up.
        I keep bouncing between LectureNotes & Papyrus because whilst I prefer the scrolling in Papyrus & the speed at which it imports & generally gets things done, moving between devices & having the files available (Dropsync) on both is actually possible in LectureNotes.

• Asim D commented  · 

Have to add my opinion to everyone else: S Note may not be ideal, but at least it offers free sync across all your devices via Samsung Account. It is great that I can back up to Dropbox, but real SYNC needs to be implemented - even if it is an added IAP.

Right now, the only way to do "sync" is to go to Device 1, do a backup, then go to Device 2 and do a "restore database" from the backup you just created from Device 1. However, if you have a new note on Device 1, and you added a new note to Device 2, then this is impossible, because you'll lose one note.

• Alex commented  · 

Hey developers! I see people ask you for a features that most apps already have. I also think of buying vip services but I see there's no future for your app. I ALSO WANT TO HAVE SYNC AND SHARING!

• Matt Ion commented  · 

Gotta agree, pretty disappointed that I paid for the cloud services and then found out that ALL it does is backup the notebooks to my Dropbox. If Evernote adds full SPEN support, Papyrus will become redundant.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have 2 devices. Samsung Note 3 & Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. I have purchased the PRO version of your app and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. However, i'd like to be able to have all notes in one place. (ie: .. take note on tablet.. then see that note on my phone) Is this possible?? and i'm not talking about backup thru DropBox .. which is also nice btw. Thank you

• Alexander Leslie commented  · 

Right now my tablet battery is dead and I can't access my notebooks to take notes on my phone. I'm in class right now, so this is an important feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base