I suggest you ...

Sync between devices

I would like to have my notes automatically appear on my other note devices with papyrus installed. E.g. Create a note on note 2 and it appears on my note 10 1. If possible allow editing too from that device.

951 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eleanor HoganEleanor Hogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    investigating  ·  Andrew HughesAdminAndrew Hughes (Founder, Steadfast Innovation, LLC) responded  · 

This is something we’ve been investigating since the app’s inception and we continue to investigate constantly. Syncing is a very difficult problem to solve, especially in regards to handwritten notes which can be combined with images and text. I don’t have any kind of ETA for when syncing will be supported, but rest assured this is a high priority for us. We appreciate all your feedback on this idea.

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarcMarc commented  · 

I cannot add more votes to this... take them all!!!

• Jeff StroupJeff Stroup commented  · 

I'd love to have my notes sync between Surface and my SG Note Pro 12.2

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

I am trialing your cloud backup option & whilst it worked initially with only a few notes in Papyrus, now with a lot more notes (imported PDFs) it just fails to back up.
        I keep bouncing between LectureNotes & Papyrus because whilst I prefer the scrolling in Papyrus & the speed at which it imports & generally gets things done, moving between devices & having the files available (Dropsync) on both is actually possible in LectureNotes.

• Asim DAsim D commented  · 

Have to add my opinion to everyone else: S Note may not be ideal, but at least it offers free sync across all your devices via Samsung Account. It is great that I can back up to Dropbox, but real SYNC needs to be implemented - even if it is an added IAP.

Right now, the only way to do "sync" is to go to Device 1, do a backup, then go to Device 2 and do a "restore database" from the backup you just created from Device 1. However, if you have a new note on Device 1, and you added a new note to Device 2, then this is impossible, because you'll lose one note.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Hey developers! I see people ask you for a features that most apps already have. I also think of buying vip services but I see there's no future for your app. I ALSO WANT TO HAVE SYNC AND SHARING!

• Matt IonMatt Ion commented  · 

Gotta agree, pretty disappointed that I paid for the cloud services and then found out that ALL it does is backup the notebooks to my Dropbox. If Evernote adds full SPEN support, Papyrus will become redundant.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have 2 devices. Samsung Note 3 & Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. I have purchased the PRO version of your app and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. However, i'd like to be able to have all notes in one place. (ie: .. take note on tablet.. then see that note on my phone) Is this possible?? and i'm not talking about backup thru DropBox .. which is also nice btw. Thank you

• Alexander LeslieAlexander Leslie commented  · 

Right now my tablet battery is dead and I can't access my notebooks to take notes on my phone. I'm in class right now, so this is an important feature.

• ChrisChris commented  · 

I use different devices and I have to back up to keep it up to date. Please provide a login so it updates in real time

• SickwellSickwell commented  · 

Forget real sync. Focus on the restore working. What is the point of real sync when you can only export.

• Danielle OlsonDanielle Olson commented  · 

Yep, still waiting for this one... I love Papyrus, but I had to stop using it years ago because of the lack of sync :( It's just not feasible to do the whole backup process every time I need to hop between the phone & tablet, I use them both too much. Had to switch to OneNote, not happy about it. Would gladly run back to Papyrus and pay for the feature if this happens. *Especially* if it integrates with Google Drive, that would be the ultimate dream come true.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Synchronize notes between different devices. I have a Galaxy Note phone and a Galaxy Note tablet. I would like the notes to stay synchronized between the two devises.

• juliejulie commented  · 

Having two Fires, I expected that withh cloud storage, this would function like Evernote. The 7 inch is more portable of the two. My cloud storage will not download onto it, although the app itself did appear on its own. the 7 inch says that I have no premium features. At this time, it appears to definitey lack cross-platform usage, so if my device were to be replaced, I do not think my data is recoverable, or perhaps I am missing something?

• Red IsaacRed Isaac commented  · 

Should be implemented in a way that the notes can be edited from other devices. I want to be able to e-mail or upload on the cloud a note to my collaborators that they can edit. Currently we are using the pdfs generated by our separate versions of our notes. If this is implemented, it would be extremely useful for my work.

• JasonJason commented  · 

If implemented, there should be option to sync either device to device in a collaboration way. And through an online storage way as well. Though, I do not, nor will I use online storage.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes. Absolutely sync between Android devices. Please, I NEED this. Please help. Thanks!

• MarcMarc commented  · 

This suggestion should be merged with the Google drive option.
        Integrating the gdrive would make a big difference on my 2 note devices.
        being able to view on a pc desktop would be the added bonus.

• tatlıtatlı commented  · 

i can sync different devices with a selection.. but it is not real time sync.. if papyrus sync in the event of any changing on notes, we didn't need waiting for all notes and can use different devices in sync.. this is a cheap solution about bandwidth :D papyrus will be perfect and top

Feedback and Knowledge Base