I suggest you ...

Sync between devices

I would like to have my notes automatically appear on my other note devices with papyrus installed. E.g. Create a note on note 2 and it appears on my note 10 1. If possible allow editing too from that device.

986 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eleanor Hogan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    investigating  ·  AdminAndrew Hughes (Founder, Steadfast Innovation, LLC) responded  · 

This is something we’ve been investigating since the app’s inception and we continue to investigate constantly. Syncing is a very difficult problem to solve, especially in regards to handwritten notes which can be combined with images and text. I don’t have any kind of ETA for when syncing will be supported, but rest assured this is a high priority for us. We appreciate all your feedback on this idea.

194 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe Landen commented  · 

The lack of this feature in Papyrus is the only thing keeping me in Evernote. I would pay for this.

• Steve commented  · 

Definitely a feature that is needed. Many people work across multiple devices. eg. Note 3 for mobility and note 10.1 for main workpad.

• Thomas Regan commented  · 

I agree, this would be a good feature in fact I have proposed the same thing myself so hopefully if enough mention it we will get it in a near future update. By users requesting new features we will get an even better app

• Leonid Shleymovich commented  · 

Synching should consider customers with limited data plans and/or capacity of cloud server subscriptions.

Try to avoid sending huge blob of data piling it as second versions of the previous blobs of data every time user highlighted one word in his notes.

• Mike commented  · 

Google drive = money for you

• Chris commented  · 

OneDrive for me please!

• ian commented  · 

Pretty please. Automatic syncing will make this nearly perfect.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Status update please, this is an essential feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd like support for bittorrent sync, if possible.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I fully agree with about the importance of true cloud sync. I've just purchased the cloud plugin and do feel cheated. Lack of synchronization across my devices is the main feature that prevents Papirus from being my main note taking application. Syncing LectureNotes using combination of DropBox and DropSync works very well due to LectureNotes' straightforward file structure and location.

• Anonymous commented  · 

dropbox support please, and options to back up each time a note is saved/closed (not every 12 hours)

• Emre Erenoglu commented  · 

The only feature that prevents me from buying this app.

• Jack commented  · 

Must have this feature. The cloud services are already there! Make it happen!

• Santiago Jerez commented  · 

Please give us the users a status update on this planned enhancement. I write all my notes on my note 10.1 and review/study from them on my note 2. This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing the cloud service. Please, TAKE MY MONEY !!!!

• Peter Watson commented  · 

The lack automatic synching between devices feature really hamstrings this app. The simplicity of use and the great interface are the only things that keep me returning. I cannot believe that this most necessary feature has not been addressed in spite of all the comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base