I suggest you ...

Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders, labels/tags, etc.

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

1,216 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastião Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

197 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Csaba Veres commented  · 

Everyone wants this feature. How hard can it be?????

• Weston commented  · 

Make it so you can create either create sub-notebooks under each primary notebook or make ot so we can create folders inside of the notebook for better organization. Be good for school where a Notebook is the class, folders are units, additional folders would be sections or days or whichever.

• Anonymous commented  · 

As anotações ficam muito perdidas e soltas. A simples solução seria a possibilidade de criar pastas por categorias que o usuário escolha. Ficaria perfeito o aplicativo se tivesse essa opção.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm an premium user since 2014 and this feature still doesn't appear, despite being the most requested for many years.

I'm tired of waiting, so I'm going to make the jump to LectureNotes, which despite being less visually pretty, has all the features that this app has and also the organization by folders.

When you decide to include the feature, you will realize that everyone has gone to use another better application.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be nice, being able to create a folder in a folder. That way, we could have a better organisation. For example, i have a folder named "Physics" but in this folder I have like 3-4 different type of PDFs (Exercices, lessons, Old exams...) and I would like to make 3-4 new folders in the first one (Physics) to sort them better. Would it be possible?
        Thank you and looking forward to this option if you are going to add it :)

• JC commented  · 

Folders, subfolders, notebooks to the molds of the lecturenotes, with color and title, would be perfect, wonderful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not making everyone happy is worse than making no one happy :)

• P. Steiner commented  · 

Being a perfectionist is fine and all... but this is taking a bit too long, guys. It seems to be requested as a #1 priority issue for 6 years now.

I really want to support this app and use it as my primary note-taking app. But the more I use it the worse this flaw impacts you. It punishes those the most who use your app the most.

• VITOR commented  · 

folder and subfolder to more organization on squid notes!!

• Fernando Gomes commented  · 

Just bought this app today, ITS almost perfect, sub folders for books os by Far a top idea, It should already bem working. Imagine maths, and ALL about It inside folder math. Then history and ALL books about history inside folder History.

please consider this or add tags with search option.
        thanks keep up the good job.

• der riv commented  · 

Use Write-On-PDF (by Samsung) app and use own device's file system to save in folders / subfolders. Have been using Sqid (Papyrus) since its introduction. Doesn't appear to be any intention on the part of Sqid to add a subfolder feature.

• der riv commented  · 

Need subfolders NOW.

• Bedward commented  · 

I would love for it to have sub folder categories under main category

• George commented  · 

Folders so that different notebooks can be organized. It would be useful for so many reasons! (Heres one: Dividing different module's notebooks into one subject folder)

• theWithz commented  · 

Can't help but notice that this still isn't a thing, over 5 years later. Andrew... If you're reading this, put it on github! Let us help you! Having a small team doesn't matter because you have US. You're Community!

• Jan Schnewlin commented  · 

How is this not a thing? And how is it taking you so long to implement this? All you need is the ability to make some subfolders. I'm a new premium user but i will stop using the app if this is not solved soon, because it makes this a nightmare

• William Barbosa commented  · 

ficaria bem melhor se tivesse a opção de criar pastas de arquivos para ficar mais organizado os cadernos.

• Erickson commented  · 

I answered that any kind of sub-folder organization is better than none. Hope this could be delivered soon, though i would not bet on it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base