I suggest you ...

Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders, labels/tags, etc.

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

1,032 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastião Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

148 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This would be a godsend, after a few years in school, my notes are piling up. It would be nice to have parent folders to house sub folders (even better would be sub-sub-folders. Ex: I have a notebook for each math class I've taken over the years. So basically this means I have pre-calc, calc, calc2, discrete, physics 1, physics 2... Those should totally be in a MATH binder, which sub sections for each within that binder. Binder/Math/Calc/ {calc 1, calc 2,...} . Basically not having this function is the only downside to the app.

• Joe Abbey commented  · 

I think adding tabs to a notebook (like you would in a physical binder) would be great. It would allow separation of notes and homework making it easier to access.

• Zach Sparks commented  · 

Can you please add the ability to organize notes. That way I can make the notes for lets say organic chemistry .. etc

• Doug commented  · 

Please add the ability to organize / create sub-notebooks already!!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

If someone has multiple notebooks, it would clean up the the look and help organize a person if the their notebooks could be placed in a folder (category)

• Fernando Ferreira commented  · 

Thats a key point and , I think, too easy too solve, because others app already does this ability.

• Juan commented  · 

Please, organization is key!

• Alvaro commented  · 

Pleeease!!! I beg you!! Implement this upgrade as soon as possible!!!11!1!

• Lauren commented  · 

YES to folders to organize a group of notebooks! I have notebooks for all of my classes, and I'd love to be able to organize them into folders for each semester

• Anonymous commented  · 

Add label feature to Android version

• Petr commented  · 

Do it... +1

• Doug commented  · 

Sub-notebooks, please. Would be a HUGE value add! Thank you in advance :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Sub notebooks please!! Being able to sub notebooks will really keep my Squid organized. It's frustrating that I have to constantly make notebooks that can be under one broader themed notebook.

• Paul commented  · 

Please add folders, subfolders. I have 18 notebooks already and it's hard to manage. A hierarchy of folders would help.

I would be willing to pay for this feature.

• Tiago Rodrigues de Medeiros commented  · 

I Believe that the possibility for creation of LOCAL backups in format .pdf would be capable bring more safety to the notes.

• Julius Kunze commented  · 

Can you provide an option to archive a notebook so that it's somehow accessible but not in the list anymore? This would at least solve the problem that the list is getting longer and longer.

• Chris B. commented  · 

As long as Squid (for Android) does not have this feature, LectureNotes will remain a superior app for academic note-taking. I have been using LectureNotes for a few years, waiting eagerly for Papyrus/Squid to implement this (even meeting the Mr. Hughes by chance and talking with him about this in person!).

In the meantime, LectureNotes remains better because of its folder organization feature. Squid could be a real competitor, because of its smooth vector-based graphics and infinite pages, but without the ability to organize notes, it is unusable for anything but small-scale (and therefore more trivial) cases. Please add an organization feature and make this app a real note-taking contender!

• Blake commented  · 

I think the creation of 1 or 2 layers of organization would make this app much more workable. I love this app i prefer it to one note. a
        Admittedly, i have contemplated switching until i saw the recent update to squid. It showed me you guys actually care about having good and relevant product. More layers of organization is the only MUST HAVE feature in my opinion. Though, i do agree with Russ, searchable tagging would be an excellent premium feature. I would pay for it and I'm sure that many others would too. It would put squid in the running for the top note taking app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Good idea. Also you can add the ability to rename pages. And put some notebooks in one folder.

Feedback and Knowledge Base