I suggest you ...

Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders, labels/tags, etc.

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

985 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastião SantosSebastião Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

140 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ShmuelShmuel commented  · 

This is just what missing.
        Please add this and youll be the best app!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes yes yes PLEASE! Want to use this app for college but definitely needs some updating . Love it though

• Anonymous commented  · 

Tags would make this so much better. I'm currently thinking about exporting finished notes to evernote just so I can tag them, but this feels like a silly workaround. Please!!

• Traci TaylorTraci Taylor commented  · 

It's been over 6 months since the last update on this idea. Is anyone making any progress on this? Even if you opt for a tag feature, it would be really helpful to be able to have a feature to archive old notebooks. I use this to organize my notes for projects for work, but notebooks for closed projects clutter up my notebook list. I'd like to retain these notes to refer back to, but archive them since I no longer need them on a day-to-day basis.

• hes11thhes11th commented  · 

Holy christ are you guys serious? The second highest voted idea and there's still no official "investigation" for this particular one. I know it takes a while between something being planned and something actually being integrated but the fact that this has not even been added to the investigation list says a lot about your prioritization on this idea(or lack thereof).

I've seen ideas with less than 1/100 of the votes for this one already being planned or started. Granted they are probably easier to implement so I do take that into consideration but this is just unbelievable. If one were to start creating a biological child today, the child would probably be in 2nd grade by the time this feature is implemented if at all. Sorry if I sound like an entitled bratty clueless customer. I just don't think it's too much to ask for that this idea get investigated at least.

• BobBob commented  · 

I would love to see the addition of at least 1 level of sub-folders. Labels would be my next wish list item after that one. Hopefully the code allows for it and isn't too unwieldy. I would rather have it as-is than unbearable.

• hes11thhes11th commented  · 

I understand there must go a lot of work into creating a new feature so I understand it's time consuming but please can you get around to allowing us to create folders and subfolders sooner rather than later? I can hold off on a search feature for a while but if we can't create folders and subfolders soon, I think may have to switch to lecture notes next school year. I'd say this is probably the most important feature for us right now.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm starting to take lots of notes and the single level folder structure is becoming unweildy. lt would be such an improvement if we had sub folders.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I use papyrus all the time for work. But i need to archive my older notebooks or make them hidden. The clutter grows as i use it and i may have to look at an alternate tool which would be sad because everything else just works

• Denis CampezanoDenis Campezano commented  · 

Search for papyrus in windows phone ( youtube ) is amazing! Why is so hard to do the same in android? Sorry for my poor English.

• David GlanvilleDavid Glanville commented  · 

More than the single level of "notebooks" and "notes"

• Anonymous commented  · 

More hierarchy for notebooks, as many notes inside one notebook is not enough

• robrob commented  · 

I use this app to take notes in college. The ability to add notebooks to a folder to separate the different classes/semesters/years would make this app a lot less cluttered for those of us that use it frequently.

• RussRuss commented  · 

Come on guys. You need to move faster on this product or open its source for public contribution. This one is the second-highest voted idea and it looks to me like the highest voted idea has been in this list since 2012. The capability to add metadata to notes is a trivial but necessary addition to elevate papyrus to become a professional tool.

This is an excellent start, but you can't stand still in software.

• Anonymous commented  · 

YES YES YES I've been waiting years for this one search or tag feature! Please - It also lags to scroll through a massive list of notes. Even list view!

• ChoiChoi commented  · 

Yes, that is what I want like microsoft onenote already did.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am very anxious for this to happen.

• Denis CampezanoDenis Campezano commented  · 

I will be very grateful when this feature is done.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to be able to move notes around with in a note book

• Guy TogbenouGuy Togbenou commented  · 

Since we are talking about note organization, I suggest to also implement the possibility to place bookmarks / chapters into the notes. These bookmarks should also be selectable in the PDF exports of the notes (same as in PDF exported Word or LibreOffice Write documents). This way the user can jump between several points in the same note.
        This idea may be extended into a more complex feature, which would allow to use the bookmarks also as tags for several notes. Example: I use the bookmark "method" in several documents, so the (potential) tag manager of Papyrus could tell me which of my notes has the bookmark "method" and can directly jump to the respective passages selected between all my notes.

OK, this sounds like pretty much, but I hope that there are or this gives some useful ideas...

Feedback and Knowledge Base