I suggest you ...

Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders, labels/tags, etc.

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

1,016 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastião SantosSebastião Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

144 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I also really want to group notebooks together as well. As a college student it would be amazing to group college notebooks based on Semester, type of course , etc. That or group all of my school notebooks apart from work, personal lists, and so on.

• Anonymous commented  · 

YESSSSSSSSS PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!! I'm in desperate need of this because my old app on my iPad worked amazing. Made my life so much easier for school!!!

• JuanJuan commented  · 

necesario

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please!!!! I used to use Quill before I had a galaxy note tablet, now I take ALL my notes for nursing school with this app and I NEED to be able to organize my notes into more specific folders.

• TravisTravis commented  · 

I concur with all. Love this app. The handwriting is the best I've ever used. Have made several in app purchases for features and would pay for the ability to organize.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree! Papyrus is in the lead for best note-taking app, but this feature is something that MS OneNote can still hold over the head of papyrus.

• Anonymous commented  · 

ability to tag the notes and organize tags in tree like structure. Them allow searches using plain text or tags and the combination their of. This will make papyrus world's most famous note taking app beating evernote in this regard. Thanks

• Dave DanielsDave Daniels commented  · 

I have just returned to school and all of my folders from last year are mixed in with my new folders. It would be immensely useful to just have two parent folders for this year and last. Seems like such a simple feature that is missing.

• Peter Brookes-SmithPeter Brookes-Smith commented  · 

Rationalisation needed. This suggestion is repeated elsewhere.

It also has votes. Tagging and meta data with search might work better than folders.

• Peter Brookes-SmithPeter Brookes-Smith commented  · 

It's definitely a requirement.

Folders are a bit old fashioned and I think tagging and meta data will be a stronger solution.

• AlvaroAlvaro commented  · 

This is a great app, but I honestly feel that it is incomplete without the ability to creat sub-folders within a notebook. Or if you wish, a parent folder with subjects where you could keep you notebooks.

MUST HAVE FEATURE!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I concur with the other voters. This feature is an absolute necessity, more integral to the productivity and efficiency of this app than any other feature request! Papyrus was ok at first, but its lack of organization complexity has manifested itself as I collect more data/materials/notes. I am finding myself becoming lost in my long scroll of materials. I don't understand how this has not been adressed yet... I am almost ready to switch apps and provide a poor review on the app store if this is not handled within the next month. Developers, please at least respond to this request, as any request with over 600 votes should be at least recognized.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can't wait for this feature as I am a very organized person and I want to group folders under folders

• Anonymous commented  · 

I get the feeling no one is actively working on this app anymore for improvement.
        Most requests, like this is over a year old now. Surely could have been added by now...
        What a waste.. I love(ed) this app and was looking forward for updates.

• Anonymous commented  · 

essential features to be implement~!

• m.mccallm.mccall commented  · 

Definitely need this feature

• BevBev commented  · 

Yes, pretty please add a nested notebook feature! :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I completely agree that tagging notes is ESSENTIAL. I wrote 150 pages of revision notes at a course last weekend, and if I can't find notes on a certain topic, it's completely useless. It is the ONLY reason I'm still using S-note for this function.
        Papyrus please add this and I will be your loyal customer forever! I would pay for the function.
        Tina

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the ONLY app that even comes close to a stylus driven "OneNote" like app for the new generation of galaxy note android devices. Even OneNote for android doesn't allow for stylus writing yet. Make provision for sub-folders and you will have a super productively app for business and students!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Integral for a successful notetaking app! Students need more organization. Thinking about switching to another app if this is not initiated soon.

Feedback and Knowledge Base