I suggest you ...

Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders, labels/tags, etc.

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

1,290 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastião Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

213 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew Funk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to have a notebook for a class and then create subfolders inside the notebook for things like lecture notes and lab notes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a godsend, after a few years in school, my notes are piling up. It would be nice to have parent folders to house sub folders (even better would be sub-sub-folders. Ex: I have a notebook for each math class I've taken over the years. So basically this means I have pre-calc, calc, calc2, discrete, physics 1, physics 2... Those should totally be in a MATH binder, which sub sections for each within that binder. Binder/Math/Calc/ {calc 1, calc 2,...} . Basically not having this function is the only downside to the app.

• Joe Abbey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think adding tabs to a notebook (like you would in a physical binder) would be great. It would allow separation of notes and homework making it easier to access.

• Zach Sparks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please add the ability to organize notes. That way I can make the notes for lets say organic chemistry .. etc

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to organize / create sub-notebooks already!!!!

• Mounir Abou Atmeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be much easier to open the application and SEE my folders like on a desktop and then open them to read/write note.

If someone has multiple notebooks, it would clean up the the look and help organize a person if the their notebooks could be placed in a folder (category)

• Alvaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pleeease!!! I beg you!! Implement this upgrade as soon as possible!!!11!1!

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES to folders to organize a group of notebooks! I have notebooks for all of my classes, and I'd love to be able to organize them into folders for each semester

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub-notebooks, please. Would be a HUGE value add! Thank you in advance :)

Sub notebooks please!! Being able to sub notebooks will really keep my Squid organized. It's frustrating that I have to constantly make notebooks that can be under one broader themed notebook.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add folders, subfolders. I have 18 notebooks already and it's hard to manage. A hierarchy of folders would help.

I would be willing to pay for this feature.

• Julius Kunze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you provide an option to archive a notebook so that it's somehow accessible but not in the list anymore? This would at least solve the problem that the list is getting longer and longer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base