I suggest you ...

Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders, labels/tags, etc.

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

999 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastião SantosSebastião Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

141 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BobBob commented  · 

ADD THIS FEARURE ASAP - DEAL BREAKER FOR ME AND MANY

• Anonymous commented  · 

If I could use more than 3 votes for this feature request, I would.!

• Les RitchinLes Ritchin commented  · 

Agree that you should be able to tag within individual pages like a bookmark.

Select "Tag" icon from toolbar, press on page with pen, box and soft-keyboard pops up, type free text, save. Then, from anywhere in the app, go to search, type tag text, select note from list and it takes you directly to the tagged page. Also, a list of tags that you could jump to within the note (like PDF headings on the side).

I would pay extra for this feature.

• Wasif Hasan BaigWasif Hasan Baig commented  · 

+1 for this feature. I use papyrus a lot to take notes. I organized my notes in notebooks but now I have a huge list of notebooks to scroll. Folder organization or some other intuitive notebooks organization strategy would really help. Thaks for great work on the app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, please!!!!!! I really need to organize my notes in papyrus. I would love to see sub-folders.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This exact suggestion has been made a lot. I bet if Papyrus were to consolidate all the votes from all these suggestions this would be in the lead.

• Martise ArmstrongMartise Armstrong commented  · 

Please do this. I love this app, but am currently looking for an app that allows me to organize my notes because of your lack of organizational features. It's a very simple thing, and very basic. So, I'm not really sure why you guys haven't applied this basic feature yet. Folders and sub-folders: that's all I ask.

• Peter Brookes-SmithPeter Brookes-Smith commented  · 

Definitely agree that tagging of notes and subsequent filtering is needed for all serious users. I would definitely pay for this feature.

• Oskar KlintrotOskar Klintrot commented  · 

Also a bookmark-function as in Write would be awesome!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please! I use Papyrus and my tablet for taking notes in class and without the ability to group notebooks by semester the notebooks list is disorganized and unwieldy.

• StephanieStephanie commented  · 

this app had virtually everything I wanted in a note app... but without any sort of tagging or searching I can't use it! Would be happy to pay for this feature. Thanks and God bless!

• Michael S.Michael S. commented  · 

Without nested folders Papyrus is unscalable. School, work, and personal notebooks end up in one giant list. Please add this feature as it's the only thing keeping me from using this fantastic app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Tagging individual pages of notes would be nice.

Also searching note text/titles would be ideal.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

yes this is a very needed feature.. otherwise it will be difficult to find the notes after a while

• Andrew AnandAndrew Anand commented  · 

Completely agree, this is the only thing giving me hesitstions

• RalfRalf commented  · 

I hope this idea includes searching for keywords inside Textboxes

• Klokov EvgeniKlokov Evgeni commented  · 

I agree. I love this program but without this feature it is impossible to use it extensively.

• JoeJoe commented  · 

Agreed need a better way to organize nores

• Justin WernerJustin Werner commented  · 

This is one of the features I want the most.

Feedback and Knowledge Base