I suggest you ...

Better note organization: sub-notebooks/folders, labels/tags, etc.

Provide a way to better organize notes, beyond the current notebook organization. This could be done with nested notebooks or folders, labels for notes, sections, chapters, etc.

1,290 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastião Santos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

213 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't wait for this feature as I am a very organized person and I want to group folders under folders

I get the feeling no one is actively working on this app anymore for improvement.
        Most requests, like this is over a year old now. Surely could have been added by now...
        What a waste.. I love(ed) this app and was looking forward for updates.

I completely agree that tagging notes is ESSENTIAL. I wrote 150 pages of revision notes at a course last weekend, and if I can't find notes on a certain topic, it's completely useless. It is the ONLY reason I'm still using S-note for this function.
        Papyrus please add this and I will be your loyal customer forever! I would pay for the function.
        Tina

This is the ONLY app that even comes close to a stylus driven "OneNote" like app for the new generation of galaxy note android devices. Even OneNote for android doesn't allow for stylus writing yet. Make provision for sub-folders and you will have a super productively app for business and students!

Integral for a successful notetaking app! Students need more organization. Thinking about switching to another app if this is not initiated soon.

• helsharif2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of this feature is also a deal breaker for me. It keeps me from using the app except for some rare basic tasks. Please include it!

• Les Ritchin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that you should be able to tag within individual pages like a bookmark.

Select "Tag" icon from toolbar, press on page with pen, box and soft-keyboard pops up, type free text, save. Then, from anywhere in the app, go to search, type tag text, select note from list and it takes you directly to the tagged page. Also, a list of tags that you could jump to within the note (like PDF headings on the side).

I would pay extra for this feature.

• Wasif Hasan Baig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this feature. I use papyrus a lot to take notes. I organized my notes in notebooks but now I have a huge list of notebooks to scroll. Folder organization or some other intuitive notebooks organization strategy would really help. Thaks for great work on the app.

Yes, please!!!!!! I really need to organize my notes in papyrus. I would love to see sub-folders.

This exact suggestion has been made a lot. I bet if Papyrus were to consolidate all the votes from all these suggestions this would be in the lead.

• Martise Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this. I love this app, but am currently looking for an app that allows me to organize my notes because of your lack of organizational features. It's a very simple thing, and very basic. So, I'm not really sure why you guys haven't applied this basic feature yet. Folders and sub-folders: that's all I ask.

• Peter Brookes-Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely agree that tagging of notes and subsequent filtering is needed for all serious users. I would definitely pay for this feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base