I suggest you ...

Add "wrist check" or palm guard

I often write with a stylus, but I rest my hand on the screen. Can you add a wrist check/palm guard feature please?

388 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just looked at the number of comments you've received re this most annoying issue & realize you have no intention of ever fixing it. Since October 2012 folks have been requesting this feature - that's 4 years with no response! It is impossible to write with a stylus & take notes, etc. until this is fixed. This would be exactly what I'm looking for if only I could use it. Sadly it is obviously pointless to keep now so I must delete. :-(

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This annoyed me immediately. I cannot find a way to write with my pen without my hand resting on the screen & marking up my document. I almost deleted this app but decided to see if this feature is soon to be included. I like it otherwise.

• Igor Liebermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really annoying, when I'm trying to change anything in the top part of a note, but touched the display with the wrist, the eraser is applied on the area.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really is impossible to take notes at school or a meeting. If you rest your palm, the stylus is blocked from further note taking. It must be a difficult feature to implement because all the othernote taking apps suffer withe same problem, even the ones that say they have palm rejection. Can it successfully be done? I would pay for an app that has true and effective PALM REJECTION. Doug

• Julian Diehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or rather preventing the page from jumping instantaneous. This is the main symptom with this issue. This also wouldn't disturb the user experience, too, like such artificial lags.

• Sasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you remove the S-Pen from display or just move it to an other position, it happens quite often that your page get moved unintentionally because you are touching it with your hand and the option "pan/scroll with hand" is active.

Please add a little delay before pan/scroll will get unlocked after you remove the S-Pen.

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh come on! It's 2015! Many handwriting apps now have some sort of palm rejection. Even a zoomed in version of the text box while suffice. It feels so odd to write with my wrist hovering in the air.

E.g. Supernote's baseline function is pretty neat.

utilize wrist shade

moveable screen shade so only pen is marking screen. OR only pen option so no matter if fingers/wrist touch screen it won't mark.

People have been asking about this for years it seems. Some form of this is suggested many times, many ways, but nothing has been accepted. This is essential and the biggest feature missing to me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base