I suggest you ...

Fewer clicks to switch tools

I'd like to have fewer clicks to change tools. Like changing from pencil to eraser or shapes. Maybe there could be a quick change or some defaults.

To change tools, you have to
1. click the tools menu
2. Click the tab of the tool
3. Choose the specific tool
4. Click out of the menu

Then, you can start using it. And that is without changing any tool options.

656 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Larry E shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it just me or does the solution around numerous clicks via gestures not work with spen....I even upgraded to toolkit package thinking this would enable it...

• LysolPionex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clicking a tool should select it with the previous settings for that tool. Click-hold should bring up the menu to change the settings for that tool. Clicking the setting would then close the menu as it currently does.

Vote for my ideas! I love this app but I think there are 2 things that will make it almost perfect. There should be a quick tool S Pen function or like gesture for people that do not have an S pen. You either make the gesture or press the S pen button and a little tool box pops up near the pen or gesture. That tool box would have some preset writing tools that you set up and your most recent colors.

put different tools (customizable) ie pen, rubber, highliter on the first level palette

• Tom Goodell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Papyrus, I use it constantly on my phone and tablet, both for taking notes and marking up PDFs. The number of clicks required to change tools is a constant source of frustration and the one reason I still look at other apps and consider switching. Make the toolbar always visible so a single click changes the tool - that would be a huge improvement.

• Viggo Liljefors commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Should be prio. 1 for the next update!

The app is great otherwise, fast PDF-import/export, simple and very quick. Unfortunetly it's pretty cumbersome to go between selection of tools.

• Adam Kunstman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Double that.
    Actually, I think that the right approach would be to allow defining a few slots (presets, favorites) for the most often used tool configurations and have them accessible with a single click. Many applications use this pattern for decades and it works, so why not use something tested?
    It would help me tremendously - I usually use 3-5 such combinations over and over (e.g. a black fine point pen, a red wide point marker and a highlighter).

• db commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think at a minimum the pen and highlighter tool should be separate. I constantly switch between this two tools while annotating PDFs. It would be nice if we could have preset parameters for each tool as well.

• Leonid Shleymovich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of fewer clicks, it could be faster and easier to manage clicks.

How about double tap on the same particular tool would close menu and would allow you to use that tool immediately.

As an alternative to your listed items 3 and 4 you would need fast double click on specific tool.

• Jimmy Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI, while wrting (in pencil mode), you can always use your finger as eraser - I found this is quicker than clicking...

You could get fewer clicks if we customize it by adding more items to the toolbar. I have space in my toolbar that could be used.

My idea:
    Press tool, hold, drag to preferred tool, let go.
    Easy and fast way of doing it.

• Larry E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe you could have a settable default for each selection (ie if I choose eraser, it defaults to the regular eraser with a certain size. Then, if you want to change the eraser type/size, you could Long-Click on the eraser to bring up the next set of options.

• דרור יפרח commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible to erase anything by just scrumble on it with the pencil tool
    For example you can check it on one note in thinkpad tablet.

• Jay Hwang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Refer to app "write". Although it has poor interface but it's great to write with pen: easy to erase, ruled note, etc

Feedback and Knowledge Base