I suggest you ...

Smooth Writing like in S note

Add a filter similar to the one used in S Note. This app is almost perfect. When taking notes, a lot of the lines become jagged. S Note has a filter that corrects it as you write. You can see as you write in S Note, it is first jagged like it is on Papyrus then it smooths itself out to look like natural writing.

339 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

The lines are awful, make them look like Google keep, smooth like a graphic tablet and beautiful

• Dereck largoDereck largo commented  · 

Importante esta característica, mucha gente lo pide y es muy esencial perfeccionar la app, es una muy buena con un gran potencial

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please don't do it! Line smoothing absolutely ruins the writing experience.

You can't be confident that the line you make will actually show up on the digital paper with line smoothing.

For a true writing experience smoothing has to be turned off.

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

It's been 2 years and they still haven't implemented this feature. What's taking them so long?

• gaylegayle commented  · 

This was actually one of the cons when choosing between this app and another... granted I did choose squid, but the look of the lines is really awful.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is very important on high DPI devices.

Looks like Squid represents a stroke by stitching together many short straight lines. This is fundamentally inferior to actual curves, which is used by other apps such as InKredible and the one from Wacom.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This has to be a feature, I do love the app, but I constantly think on returning to S Note just for the look of the lines. Even if this is a premium feature, I would instant-pay for it.

• SimonSimon commented  · 

If I could put all of my votes here I would...This is the only thing lacking from this app, the rest is perfect. Yet this one thing sort of spoils everything else.

• Jiraphan DetchokulJiraphan Detchokul commented  · 

Are you implementing this? I dont want to have to put all my datas in lecture notes app just yet. If ty ou take too long i wont be bother returning to this

• Amy Mikah Brown ÂûAmy Mikah Brown Âû commented  · 

The lines are really bad, regret buying anything premium at this rate. Inkcredible has wonderfully nuanced lines and it's free

• Stefan WeinzierlStefan Weinzierl commented  · 

smooth writing

premium feature - I´d buy it immediatelly

• SashaSasha commented  · 

JESUS! PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS! I WOULD INSTANTLY BUY ALL PREMIUM FEAUTURES IF LINES WHERE NOT SO JAGGED! PLEASE!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am using the Windows 10 app version of Squid. Writing with that version of Squid is already a pleasure compared to other products.

Nevertheless, comparing the ink quality with OneNote and Bamboo Paper, I really would like to see some kind of anti-aliasing for the ink.

It's really hurting my eyes when I can see the pixels along the borders of every line I draw. With being so close in front of the display for taking notes, this should not be the case.

Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

For the smooth line, Bamboo paper is the best!! Hope Papyrus provide same quality like bamboo paper.

• AnthonyAnthony commented  · 

I recently switched over from S Note because I love the option of turning pressure sensitivity off and the overall look and organization of the app. I would love for smoothing of the writing to be an option and it is my only criticism of Papyrus.

• thelordofruinthelordofruin commented  · 

Voted. I bought everything in Papyrus because I want to support the app but I'm not using it until this is implemented.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the Priority for me.
        I don't understand why it's not as smooth as S-Note.
        PLEASE, make this your priority

• r0gur0gu commented  · 

Check for example INKredible. Handwriting there looks amazing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please do it!!! I would even pay for smoother writing option! !! Its the ONLY thing missing in this great app!!!

• Sebastian CasillasSebastian Casillas commented  · 

Came to say this. This is an important feature that i would even pay for. Look at apps like lecture notes and write where smoothing is great so you dont have to zoom the document to write for the letters to be legible once you unzoom.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base