I suggest you ...

Add Google Drive as a Cloud Option

Support for Google Drive storage via cloud services.

993 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We currently support creating and restoring backups to/from Google Drive via the local backup settings: http://feedback.squidnotes.com/knowledgebase/articles/1185616

I understand that this does not meet everyone’s needs. Adding support for Google Drive to the automatic backup options is something we continue to investigate.

I recently wrote an open letter to Cloud Storage providers on this subject: https://medium.com/steadfast-innovation/open-letter-to-cloud-storage-apps-on-android-a2d0eb919fc4

Please encourage your favorite cloud storage provider (i.e. Google Drive) to fully support the Android Storage Access Framework (as stated in the above letter). This will not only help us to better support backup and restore to ANY cloud app, but will help the ecosystem as a whole.

146 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erstwhile commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Andrew, Here we are in July 2019 -- why not SIMPLY allow an automatically scheduled "back up local folder" option? Using the "date" as part of the back up name. We users can manage that while you figure out how to work to deliver this necessary business functtionality.

• Charles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this? Looks like SAF is available for Google Drive

• K1 Gilpin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a 5+star app if it auto synced with g drive. Then I could easily access across platforms. I love squid on my Chromebook and have all my notes there but would love to have access through my phone or work computer. Please add this! I too purchased premium expecting this... And would pay again to have it!

• Mako commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see this as well. I'm just using Dropbox for squid only, everything else is on Drive...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed as I only have a Dropbox account got this app while the rest of my school docs are on my Google drive. It's very annoying 😭

• Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto sync and google drive as an option are definitely needed!

• Saul Schaffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I similarly would prefer Google Drive syncing integration to allow for the creation of backups for my notes.

• Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sincerely hope that the developers deliver this feature soon. Squid being available as an android app should mean that it is fully capable of delivering to an android-based user base. Automatic sync to Google Drive is expected. I'm enjoying this app so far. I don't want a reason to find another that fulfills basic needs.

Purchased premium thinking I would be able to sync to my Google Drive. How useless if I can't auto-sync my notes across all my devices? Please know Google Drive outright deserves priority over Box and Dropbox.

I don't like to use anything else besides Google Drive. Right now, I am using Box for this because knowing me, I will forget to always manually back up to Google Drive every time before I close the app. Also, there needs to be an auto sync, not Every 6 hours sync smh

I use the local backup function to backup to google drive...but it is very bad that the cloud function is not available.........

• Chip Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Way to create a nice product but make it useless. Let me know how trying to force Google to change while you lose clients goes. I'm sure it will work out great.

Google Drive backup and restore work around:
    1. I use Autosync Google Drive on my chromebook and Samsung Note 9
    2. I use a HP Chromebook X2 all day at work with Squid
    3. At the end of the work day, I do a local backup to a folder on my chromebook
    4. Autosync Google Drive uploads my Squid database file to Google Drive
    5. Autosync Google Drive downloads my Squid database file to my phone
    6. I restore local backup for Squid using my phone
    7. Make edits on phone. When I'm done using the phone Squid app, I do a local backup to a folder on my phone
    8. Autosync Google Drive uploads my Squid database file to Google Drive
    9. Autosync Google Drive downloads my Squid database file to my chromebook
    10. I restore local backup for Squid using my chromebook

This is how I sync back and forth between my chromebook and my phone. I also use the Dropbox backup and restore feature sometime, but Autosync for Google Drive uploads and downloads in the background.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would have also not purchased the premium version if I had known that it doesn't support Google Drive. It is absolutely ridiculous that your user base has been clamoring for this support for over four years and you haven't even acknowledged that it is needed. There are many other apps that support automatic backup to Google Drive, so there is no reason why Squid can't as well. It is a great app, but it won't get my support until this is FINALLY resolved.

• J Michael Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Squid is never going to force Google to embrace an approach so it would be easier and make more sense for Squid to embrace the option Google uses for automatic backups. Like it or hate it sometimes you have to take one in the interest of making and keeping your customers happy.

Really super annoying that they "can't" make this work. I would switch to another app in a heartbeat if there's something with similar SPen tracking.

I can't believe this is still not an option.......auto backup tot drive should be working for premium!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base