I suggest you ...

Add Google Drive as a Cloud Option

Support for Google Drive storage via cloud services.

670 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

We currently support creating and restoring backups to/from Google Drive via the local backup settings: http://feedback.squidnotes.com/knowledgebase/articles/1185616

I understand that this does not meet everyone’s needs. Adding support for Google Drive to the automatic backup options is something we continue to investigate.

I recently wrote an open letter to Cloud Storage providers on this subject: https://medium.com/steadfast-innovation/open-letter-to-cloud-storage-apps-on-android-a2d0eb919fc4

Please encourage your favorite cloud storage provider (i.e. Google Drive) to fully support the Android Storage Access Framework (as stated in the above letter). This will not only help us to better support backup and restore to ANY cloud app, but will help the ecosystem as a whole.

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JPStroud commented  · 

Thanks for the heads up, Andrew!

• Susanne Ary commented  · 

More important would be the option to store specific notes in the cloud or backup only the latest changes. My file has 60 MB by now and I have to upload and download it every time I switch devices...

• Anonymous commented  · 

I 100% agree, please add Google Drive as a backup option. Or at minimum, since you can do local backups, have it also locally backup a PDF copy of books as well.

• Andy commented  · 

Please add Google Drive as a cloud option.

• Andy commented  · 

I also am interested in Drive support.

• Gregg C commented  · 

I use squid every day. This is the reason I will not upgrade.

• Pamela commented  · 

Please add Google Drive support.

• Martin jimenez commented  · 

Podrian agregar mas servicios de nube como drive de google

• Kris H. commented  · 

I really like the premium app and its additional options but not having the option to sync to Google Drive id s significant detractor. If there is some underlying reason please share as this is quite frustrating and may lead me to another app.

• Michael Cornelius commented  · 

I signed up for a year-long (introductory?) premium promo and LOVE squid.

There is a very real chance I will cancel if, after this promotion is up, there is still no Drive support.

• Ben Hubbard commented  · 

Squid gets many things right but lacks such basic functionality as syncing with Google Drive. Wake up, devs.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have not signed up for Premium yet because of lack of Google Drive sync. Currently using OneNote until a viable alternative is found that supports Google Drive.

• Vivian Lee commented  · 

This is literally the ONLY thing keeping me from using Squid full time as my notetaking app. I'm tired of being stuck on OneNote. Please, bring Google Drive in as a sync option!

• Florian commented  · 

I would love an own cloud sync feature

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please add Google drive as a sync option!! I love this app but until there are other sync options i will keep looking elsewhere...

• Anonymous commented  · 

No GDrive cloud backup service ? bad idea

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base