I suggest you ...

Add Google Drive as a Cloud Option

Support for Google Drive storage via cloud services.

829 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

We currently support creating and restoring backups to/from Google Drive via the local backup settings: http://feedback.squidnotes.com/knowledgebase/articles/1185616

I understand that this does not meet everyone’s needs. Adding support for Google Drive to the automatic backup options is something we continue to investigate.

I recently wrote an open letter to Cloud Storage providers on this subject: https://medium.com/steadfast-innovation/open-letter-to-cloud-storage-apps-on-android-a2d0eb919fc4

Please encourage your favorite cloud storage provider (i.e. Google Drive) to fully support the Android Storage Access Framework (as stated in the above letter). This will not only help us to better support backup and restore to ANY cloud app, but will help the ecosystem as a whole.

128 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J Michael Williams commented  · 

Squid is never going to force Google to embrace an approach so it would be easier and make more sense for Squid to embrace the option Google uses for automatic backups. Like it or hate it sometimes you have to take one in the interest of making and keeping your customers happy.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Really super annoying that they "can't" make this work. I would switch to another app in a heartbeat if there's something with similar SPen tracking.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can't believe this is still not an option.......auto backup tot drive should be working for premium!

• Seb commented  · 

There's a huge number of app out there that support backing up data to Google Drive. There is no reason for squid not to be able to do the same. I bought the premium, and regret it now. The manual local backup is ridiculously annoying.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I am choosing a note-taking app to use on my Pixelbook. I really like Squid, want to use it, but the lack of Google Drive support is a deal-breaker. Also, the fact that this request has been open for almost 4 years makes me think that Squid is not being supported in a serious way by its developers. How can you leave something like this unresolved for that long?

• Anonymous commented  · 

The fact that this has not been implemented yet is shameful and a mismanagement of resources. You have been highlighted by Google and have had a ton of business driven to you, and yet with these new resources there is still not a solution for this. It is because of this I have stayed with iOS and OS X.

I believe this company is in need of new management who will hire the coding team that can properly support such an app. Sounds like this is a space for a great deal of disruption based on the lack of innovation this company is putting forth.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Why has this not been implemented yet. As others have said, it's been years since automatic cloud storage back up with Google drive was requested. AT LEAST make an option for automatic backups to local storage, and then it can be pointed at the Google drive local folder. This would give the requested functionality. This missing feature is keeping my work place from integrating squid across the board, since we switched to Google drive cloud services over a year ago. If it's a technical issue, try harder, figure it out, that's how those work.

• Cale Kaupp commented  · 

You need to at least add support for Chromebook devices. Not having Drive support is a huge negative.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Using another app because of this issue...

• Bart Van den Bosch commented  · 

"Please encourage your favorite cloud storage provider (i.e. Google Drive) to fully support the Android Storage Access Framework (as stated in the above letter)"
        Why is this a problem? So many other apps allow synchronisation via Google Drive? If they can, why not Squid?

• Anonymous commented  · 

100% will not use because there is no Google sync, sadly just purchased premium as I had liked the feel of it more than keep.... Going back to keep until this feature is added

• Anonymous commented  · 

This functionality really needs to be added. Its super frustrating having all my school files on my university provided google account, and then having to make a dropbox account just for this. Its been four years since this was requested.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Use would explode if this feature were added. Cloud is about portability, so any organization moving to the cloud would ignore this product since it isn't portable.

• Vivian Lee commented  · 

This has been asked for months (years, even). When are you going to listen to your userbase and finally implement it? It cannot be that difficult.

• Paul Barrette commented  · 

In order for schools to even consider this app for their students, backup and sync to Google Drive must be added. So many K12 schools are providing touch screen Chromebooks to their students and Squid would be a great solution.

• Brandon Philips commented  · 

Love the product and purchased pro subscription to hopefully support this feature

• David Sikes commented  · 

Yes! It's so hard to justify paying for premium when so few services are supported.

• Donovan commented  · 

google drive is a must.

• Jason commented  · 

Yes, Google drive here. Also, synchronization between platforms would be excellent. I use the Windows version as well as the Android version. Though, the Windows version need's a great deal of updating.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base