I suggest you ...

Add Google Drive as a Cloud Option

Support for Google Drive storage via cloud services.

880 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We currently support creating and restoring backups to/from Google Drive via the local backup settings: http://feedback.squidnotes.com/knowledgebase/articles/1185616

I understand that this does not meet everyone’s needs. Adding support for Google Drive to the automatic backup options is something we continue to investigate.

I recently wrote an open letter to Cloud Storage providers on this subject: https://medium.com/steadfast-innovation/open-letter-to-cloud-storage-apps-on-android-a2d0eb919fc4

Please encourage your favorite cloud storage provider (i.e. Google Drive) to fully support the Android Storage Access Framework (as stated in the above letter). This will not only help us to better support backup and restore to ANY cloud app, but will help the ecosystem as a whole.

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve Dransfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Drive for my business and need to be able to save and access notes from various devices, please add this option!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drive is essential to the android and chrome OS ecosystem. It's like selling a pc without support for office.

• Luis Villamarin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to pay for premium for 47 users in my company, but my business happily uses Google drive as cloud solution. Box is not as big and used as Drive. We need a Drive solution, Drive is the only thing missing for this app to achieve perfection. Many people have voted, please work on it.

• ChrisO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Drive support and I'll buy it. Why create an Android app that doesn't support Drive?

• Soumen Banerjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont know why you guys care! Dropbox is also free right? And I cant think of anyone needing gigabites of space for notes! Isnt any cloud backup the same thing?

• Robert McKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll buy cloud service as soon as you add Drive. Multiple accounts would be even better. Thanks!

• vinny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My entire business is on google drive. I need to save these files to the google drive as well and import them back from google drive. please please please sync up with google drive

• Ausamah Hobbi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey! I I was about to purchase the cloud service but realized that Google Drive is not supported... please fix this! I won't be getting the cloud service until then.. Thanks!

• Konstantinos Daglaroglou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesterday I got this reply about the lack of Drive

" The reason we have not provided Drive integration yet is because we want to completely revamp the "backup" functionality to be a true sync. Unfortunately this is very difficult. We've been avoiding putting too much work into our existing solution if we're just going to completely redo it. Hope that helps! "

That probably means that we will actually get Google Drive support sometime in the future. At least now we have an answer and we can keep hoping.

• juan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just purchased this cloud backup ans noticed mo Googlw Drivw option. Ass please else I want my money back.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shouldn't this be merged with the Google Drive request further up the list with far more votes.

• William Arias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is huge. I was surprised when I saw Drive was not supported by Papyrus. Drive is commonplace in apps like this, why is it missing? Why is it still missing after 600 votes? What?

• Konstantinos Daglaroglou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if developers could give us a clear, straight answer why they are leaving Drive out. Or at least they could reject the idea and close the case, so we could look for another app. Drive is absolutely necessary, period.

• Lance Stringham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! I bought the cloud services without realizing it only allowed backups to Dropbox and Box and have been unable to take advantage of the automatic export and backup features.

Feedback and Knowledge Base