I suggest you ...

Import more than just PDF files (Ex: .doc[x], .odt, .ppt[x], etc.)

I'd love to see Papyrus be able to import other file formats, since instructors, in my experience, rarely supply their class notes as .pdf. More often they provide them as .doc/.docx (support for both is necessary, since most non-MS Office programs I've experienced don't save in .docx. I rarely see .odt or other odd formats, but some people might use it) or .ppt/.pptx (I also don't know what alternative formats for those are, but I know they exist). I currently have to use another app to convert these to PDF on my device first, which can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on the size of the document, and then I have to import the PDFs to Papyrus.

If Papyrus could import these files, it would save me time, and also potentially save users a lot of headaches over messed up formatting, digging up converted files, and hang-ups in conversion programs.

117 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris WilsonChris Wilson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hongmin AhnHongmin Ahn commented  · 

I do like to import MS Word and PPT files as well as Google doc.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It will be useful to be able to add word doc. TO Papyrus

• Anonymous commented  · 

great app just which you could of import powerpoint files also. As most student/lecturer files are in powerpoint

• JackieJackie commented  · 

PLUS PLUS PLUS. It would be less annoying if we can import a bulk of pdfs at once. Even if they are not integrated into one note. Just make us able to add a number of pdfs into squid, whether in the untitled note folder or any other folder. If they can be imported in to untitled note at once, at least we can select them and then arrange them within squid.

• hes11thhes11th commented  · 

As others have mentioned, there are was to get around this, instead what we need is the ability to create folders and subfolders. That would be much more helpful right now.

• Peter Brookes-SmithPeter Brookes-Smith commented  · 

For me, the workaround is straightforward. There are other things I need much more than this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

So true.. I would love to be able to import more files without having to convert them!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I currently convert ppt to PDF but it can sometimes be a pain to do. Would love to be able to open an annotate ppt files.

• Jaideep ChitnisJaideep Chitnis commented  · 

Being able to import PPT files and annotate them with the same efficacy as is possible with PDF is required very urgently,

Quite happy to pay additional for it as a PREMIUM feature.

• Khoi Minh VoKhoi Minh Vo commented  · 

As a workaround, you can save the PowerPoints as PDF and then annotate.

• Anathmatician Anathmatician commented  · 

This is the form most of my work documents come and it would be very useful to be able to work on or annotate them in papyrus. Obviously there would be limits on what would be possible. It would be a start if you could import text as a giant text box, but if other functions, such as importing the whole document including any images inserted into it were to become available that would be great.

Feedback and Knowledge Base