I suggest you ...

Swipe between pages in view-only (reading) mode

I wish I could flip through pages instead of tapping the next page button during reading mode.

252 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the reading mode this feature should be available. please patch this!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to swipe or tap on the sides of the screen to advance, or go back, pages. The tiny arrow icons at the top of the page that now must be tapped to change page numbers are archaic and terrible. If not for this feature Squid would be my favorite app for reading and annotating pdf files. Am trying to use Squid on Samsung S3 tablet.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly agree. This is the one thing that I think to be changed in this app

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Those are the worst interface that user have to find other e viewer when read pdf doc. I hope to update swipe control only in read only mode

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like idea adding swipe to edit mode as you will swipe by accident. It should be disableable

• David Hewson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use squid on Windows to mark up a very long pdf document. Marking up is great. But moving from one page to the other is an absolute pain. Is there really no other way than pulling down the commands and hitting the page numbers? A simple swipe or somethings needed. Till then I'll have to stick to Drawboard (which also does continuous pages and side by side pages too).

It would be nice to enable the "jump to" links in PDF table of contents. Like other say, page navigation is not on par with other PDF apps. If you had this I would use squid exclusively.

• Skye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or a scrolling feature would be nice to show parts on 2 slides\pages on the same screen

• Indigo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the two finger swipe is a good idea because currently it is difficult to read a pdf with squid.

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, and I think this could be accomplished with a two-finger swipe (left or right). That said, I think this should be used for more than just reading. To add a new page, I'd like to be able to two-finger swipe left.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I aslo believe this an important function to add. I am looking for using SQUID as my primary PFD viewer, but going through the small page number bar on the right top corner is a major pain and slows things down.

I study materials as pdf imported notes. I also present and read from this material. When reading publicly using papyrus, the page arrows are too fiddly and delayed when text spans two pages. Using standard e-reader controls while in view only mode would be handy. Right now I export modified pdf and open in my e-reader.

Feedback and Knowledge Base