Step 1: Whitelist Squid licensing domains:
If you have a content filter set up, add the following domains to the whitelist:
Step 2: Select the Squid EDU Bulk License app in the Google Admin console:
- Sign in to your Google Admin console (using an administrator account).
- Go to Devices > Chrome > Apps & extensions > Users & browsers.
- To deploy the Squid EDU Bulk License app to everyone, leave the top organizational unit (OU) selected. Otherwise, select a child OU.
- Click Add > Add from Google Play .
- Search for Squid EDU Bulk License and click on it in the results.
- Click Select.
- To accept the app permissions on behalf of your organization, click Accept.
Once the Squid EDU Bulk License app has been added, you can configure the installation type (Allow install
, Force install
, Force install + pin
). We recommend you select Force install
for the license app for all relevant OUs. This will prevent users from having to manually install the license app. For detailed instructions, see Decide how apps are installed > Configure app installation settings
Step 3: Activate the Squid EDU Bulk License app to unlock Squid Premium on a device:
These instructions were adapted from this Google help page
. If you need help, please see the Google help page for further details or contact your Google customer support.