I suggest you ...

Fewer clicks to switch tools

I'd like to have fewer clicks to change tools. Like changing from pencil to eraser or shapes. Maybe there could be a quick change or some defaults.

To change tools, you have to
1. click the tools menu
2. Click the tab of the tool
3. Choose the specific tool
4. Click out of the menu

Then, you can start using it. And that is without changing any tool options.

657 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Larry E shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jimmy Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Samsung Note 2. While writing with S Pen, I can use my finger to erase (which is only good to erase larger area), then continue to write with S Pen. However, I also find the need to have a eraser button at bottom tool bar so that I can have finer control to erase only the things I want to erase.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The toolbar as a whole could be reworked. Look at some apps like photshop and sketchup that do a marvelous job of minimizing a huge amount of tools while exposing those needed quickly.

YES!! Just switching between eraser and pen would be enough. It's common, and takes too many clicks right now.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

• Bert van Brakel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

maybe an option to show the tools in an expanded or collapsed form? single direct button for each option would be great at times. Maybe per note option.

• Timy Yoga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!
    -> At least "pen" and "eraser" should be accessible directly without any further clicks!

• roland ankele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is very annoying to switch between pen, eraser, shapes. if you would give each of them a single icon to switch, it would be muuuuuch more comfortable to use.

Agreed - would love to have 4 or 5 customisable "icons" to allow for fast change between 2 (or more) set colours, change from pen to eraser with one action, and back again

• Michal Solc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second that, not sure if this is what other wanted but I would vote to have at least 3 buttons for pre-selected tools available in the top bar that I could configure as needed i.e. (1) normal black pen, (2) thick red pen (3) highlighter

• alphanzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or add option for more, smaller buttons so user can add color swatches, for example

Maybe it's a weakness, but I erase a lot... I should think more before writing! However, allow for commuting between eraser and pen with a single tap, without bringing up a dialog for eraser size or pen thickness. These settings will probably be changed by the usual users only once in their life...

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base