I suggest you ...

Enhance text tool with text wrapping, direct input, and resizable text boxes

Need text input directly on page instead of the pop out input box. Also need text wrapping for smaller sheet formats for those who type as well as write notes. I would gladly pay the fee for that but not the current input

480 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

106 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jace Knox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely essential. For most of what I do I much prefer handwriting, however there are plenty of times where chart notes would be far more convenient as transferrable text.

• Peter DeVita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah being limited to just small text boxes with no ability to edit afterwards is really limiting. I'd like to be able to draw and type on my notes

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not usable for note taking, or for journaling, without this.

- Need ability to place cursor on a ruled line, and type directly without a pop-up, like in any other text editor. Text should match the ruled lines, at least with default settings, currently it does not.
    - Need to ability to edit test after typing, again, same as any basic text editor.
    - If it operated like a real text editor with ability to seamlessly mix in line drawings, it would be very useful for artistictic note taking and journaling. Even the icon looks like a pen, suggesting a real text application. Instead, the current text functionality feels like a weak add-on.

Great product, installed in the android tablet but it's almost impossible enable txt box with Windows 10 notebook. Tab anywhere on the page to enable/add text box, nothing happens. Will pay for the feature if it fixes.
    Thanks

• Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the same opinion.
    Would like to quit my evernote and fully dedicate in using squid for note taking, sketching, pdf noting if fluent text input is added (not pop up text box!!! )

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this app and use it for taking notes in Vet School classes, which can be very fast paced. I like being able to mark up my pdfs by handwriting, but for some classes it would be nice to have a typing feature as well.

• isabelcwikla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like to be able to change the size of text boxes just like the app lets you resize photos before embedding them in the document. This way, I wouldn't have to go back and take extra time to figure out where I have to break up the text so that it will actually fit within my notes.

Hello developers,

I just wanted to post a "new idea..." but realise gladly that other users want the paid text input to be more useful. Seriously, this is by far a not well-thought solution in an app which otherwise is outstanding in my opinion. For a year now, I'm using Papyrus (RIP) on a daily basis at university. We're getting a lot of PDFs, in which I do not only take handwritten notes on my Samsung Note Pro 12.2, but I also type lots of text with my bluetooth-keyboard. But I'm always disappoint when I'm forced to use another app with a better text-typing tool than the useless one on Squid.

Please enable a more useful text-tool for more productive use of Squid. This wish is around for at least 2 years now, I hope to see this feature to be improve in near future. Thank you in advance and except for the text-writing, you are doing an awesome job! :D

• Robert McKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would buy PDF editing in a snap if this were made available, especially wrapping and line spacing control.

• giridhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding text input:
    1) remove the box used to input text. It shud feel like plain text writing,'not into a box.

2) so naturally,text ahud automatically go to next line and be visible,in original editing document as well as the exported pdf.

3) please provide palm support in hand writing mode.

Note: all the abive features are available in 'notability' for iOS. pls have a look at it. I really need android to come of age. So i want u guys to develop papyrus and make it better.

I'm a math & phy teacher. Currently papyrus is the only droid app that comes close to meeting my requirements.
    Thanks!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base